Hospital Discharge Services
It’s time to come home with compassionate Hospital Discharge Services!
A trip to the hospital can be an intimidating event for seniors and their families. As a caregiver, you are focused completely on your family member’s medical treatment, and so is the hospital staff. You are “in the moment.” As a result, you might not be giving much thought to what happens when your loved one leaves the hospital, and how much preparation goes into Hospital Discharge Services.
Yet, the way this Hospital Discharge transition is handled – whether the discharge is to home, a rehab facility, or a nursing home – is critical to the health and well-being of your loved one. Studies have found that improvements in Hospital Discharge planning can positively impact the outcome for patients as they move to the next level of care. Hospital Discharge can be a highly stressful and confusing time for families and we’re here to help ensure you have all the information.
With Retire-At-Home in Montreal, Laval and South Shore, our Nurse Case Manager will meet with you and your family while you’re at the hospital to create a plan for your Hospital Discharge with your hospital Social Worker. We design your care plan with your needs and preferences in mind, so that your move home is both simple and comfortable. We strive to make your Hospital Discharge and recovery as stress-free as possible.
Our Hospital Discharge Service in Montreal, Laval and South Shore includes:
- A customized care plan designed for your medical needs and preferences;
- Home safety advice and guidance;
- Home safety modifications as required;
- Running errands such as groceries or prescriptions;
- Mobility assistance such as help from bed to wheelchair;
- Help with bathing, toileting or grooming;
- Eating assistance and meal preparation;
- Medication reminders;
- Rehabilitation exercises;
- Emotional support and companionship;
- Transportation to appointments;
- Regular home visits and status updates from the Nurse Case Manager.
Contact us today for a Free Nurse Consultation to discuss how our Home Care Services in Montreal and surrounding areas can help you or a loved one!